Truck Fleet Technician – City of Thornton
If you are a Diesel Technician looking for a long-term career with a company which has multi-national stability, come join us at First Vehicle Services! High value on advanced diagnostics skills!
Our City of Thornton location is looking for a motivated Diesel Technician who is interested in working in an environment which promotes paid continuous and progressive education. We work on a diverse variety of vehicles and equipment, providing competitive pay and benefits. We also have a new, clean and spacious shop. If all of this appeals to you, we are the place for you!
Our shop provides repairs for everything from heavy trucks to fire apparatus to construction equipment. Our philosophy is to help our technicians by providing the highest quality training, tooling and information support so our repairs can meet this same standard.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $30-$38 per hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat rate)
- **Up to a $4,000 Sign-On Bonus Available! (conditions apply. Offer expires 9/30/21)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation (to start), 6 paid sick days & 2 personal days
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Diesel Fleet Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with minimal supervision.
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Diesel Fleet Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
- 5+ years of heavy diesel truck or equipment repair experience in an established shop.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are required.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Dealership, ASE, or OEM certifications strongly preferred.
- Welding certification is preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire apparatus to light, medium and heavy-duty units, marked and unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website