Preventative Maintenance Technician
If you are a Preventative Maintenance Technician looking for a long-term career with a company that has multi-national stability, come join us at First Vehicle Services! High value on advanced diagnostics skills!
Our Puerto Rico location is looking for a motivated Preventative Maintenance Technician who is interested in working in an environment that promotes paid continuous and progressive education. We work on a diverse variety of vehicles and equipment, providing competitive pay and benefits. We also have a new, clean and spacious shop. If all of this appeals to you, we are the place for you!
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $9.00 - $11.00/hour; based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, transmission clutches, and other repairs under direct supervision.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor approval where required.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action is taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shifts.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire apparatus to light, medium, and heavy-duty units, marked and unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website