Fleet Maintenance Technician
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus, and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician II the Chemung Transit facility!
Our fleet consists of Gillig buses, Ford E450, and Chevy 4500
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages starting at $20.42 are based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
- Union shop with 100% company-paid benefits!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic II Major Responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components
(Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic
Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting an appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic II Qualifications:
- Technician training is helpful
- Previous direct automotive / diesel repair experience required (Cummins / Allison a plus!)
- Valid driver's license; CDL preferred must be willing to obtain within 30 days.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are required.
- Must possess an appropriate mechanic's toolset
- ASE Certifications are preferred. Must be willing to obtain within 90 days.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website