NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business within First Transit. Only candidates meeting the work experience requirements will be considered.
Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the company's/division network, workstations, servers, databases, telecom equipment and peripherals; manages monitors and performs diagnostic to server and infrastructure application problems. Identifies, recommends, develops, implements, and supports cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the site. Manages scheduling software and databases and works in conjunction with software vendor to ensure 100% responsiveness of scheduling software services.
Our IT Specialists are responsible for:
- Establishes system and network parameters as necessary to bring about optimal network performance and monitors network equipment resources to ensure sufficient resources are available for continued processing.
- Reviews, monitors and controls all network activities and resource monitoring. Manage daily operations and assist and recommend future infrastructure upgrades. Maintain an inventory of computer equipment.
- Provides network and data security and management of network server processes. Maintain network firewalls and employee internet management software.
- Maintains subscriptions, routes, reporting in scheduling software.
- Oversees planning for growth of network resources by identifying needed processing power and computer resources.
- Establishes procedures and standards for the orderly flow of data throughout the site network. Maintains licenses and registrations of network and user software.
- Manages the development, testing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrades, and support of IT systems, including data centers, databases, servers, operating systems, and associated hardware.
- Maintains asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Develops maintenance schedules for routine work on systems to be conducted afterhours.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To qualify as a IT Specialist, you'll need:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Management, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, or other related area preferred
- Minimum of at least 5 years of experience in information systems technology and at least 3 years in management experience
- Experience in the "set-up" and implementation of an office operation
- Experience with transportation scheduling and dispatching system such as Trapeze, Ecolane, etc are a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of network and server operating systems
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning, development, and operations
- Highly self motivated and self directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website