Apply now to make a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve!
First Transit Burnsville is hiring for a Fixed Route Bus Driver. Each day our drivers transport members of our community to jobs, healthcare, education, recreational activities and much, much more! As a bus driver you would provide our clients with the freedom and independence of reliable and safe transportation. If you love helping people and driving – come work for us!
No CDL? No Problem! We provide paid training
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Driver barriers have been installed to protect drivers. Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer are all provided.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- $17.50/ HR Starting Wage
- No Weekends!
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid Vacation/Sick Pay
- Paid Training
- Year-round full time work (Unlike School Bus!)
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids, and properly securing wheelchairs and scooters, and working in company with nursing assistants, PCAs, and other personal aides.
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Possess or are willing to obtain a CDL
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to drug test and DOT physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website