Could you use a few extra bucks?
Are you available Saturday, Sunday, and Monday Nights and find enjoyment in Driving?
We are currently looking to fill the Weekend Overnight position with our growing, friendly team at Safe Ride!
This position would include 3x11.5 hour shifts, each Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 7pm-7am.
Are you confident navigating the streets of Portland at all hours of the day and Night? Portland Area who is ready to start helping all types of people get to where they need to go? Do you desire to be out on the road providing a vital service for your local community? Do you have the skills to succeed in delivering consistently high-quality service? If you answered yes, then First Transit is looking for You!
Employees enjoy paid training, full benefits, competitive wages and a great atmosphere!
You can earn $17 an hour driving for First Transit! NO CDL REQUIRED!!!
We have part-time AND full-time opportunities available with Benefits
First Transit Offers:
- Paid Training
- Starting pay at $17.00 an hour
- Benefit Package Available
- Paid Vacation
- Non-CDL driving position
- Company vehicle provided daily
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills
- Have had a driver's license for at least 3 years
- Possess a good driving record
- Pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen & physical
- Ability to stay on task with minimal supervision
- Be willing to work overnight shifts servicing the Portland Metro Area
A qualified applicant will have a work history that demonstrates the ability to follow directions, provide a high-level of customer care and service while working effectively without direct supervision. If you have been in the care giving field and have a good driving record – let us know! Your willingness to assist those in need is very important to us.
- At least 6 months transportation experience preferred, but not required
- Thorough geographic knowledge of the Portland area
- Ability to assess and solve problems efficiently
- Excellent communication, both orally and in writing, in the English language
- Must be able to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Willingness to be understanding regarding people with disabilities, both physical and mental
- Must be able to obtain a Private for Hire Transportation Permit.
- Must be committed to a SAFE lifestyle
- Provide safe and timely transportation for both ambulatory and wheelchair clients in the Portland Metro area.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and all other passengers.
- Operate a sedan or wheelchair van for 12 hours a day.
- Interact and assist clients daily who are part of our vulnerable population (senior citizens, physically or mentally disabled)
- Secure mobility aids safely into the vehicle.
- Follow GPS directions on a tablet to perform routes through dispatching applications.
- Follow direction and guidance given by dispatch team and supervisors.
- Attend and participate in monthly safety meetings.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online
First Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website