Want to work for a company that's REALLY moving? Join First Transit!
The Dispatcher assures all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- A great work environment!
Dispatcher Major Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer inquiries and needs in a timely manner. Serves as intake person for customer complaints/commendations and sells bus passes
- Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Processes route openings, insertions, extensions and issue resolutions
- Uses computer system to retrieve scheduled information. Uses reference material to quickly and accurately determine the best method to assist client.
- Provides customer support by responding to questions and concerns regarding customer trips including no shows, cancellations and missed trips.
- Completes a variety of daily reports and clerical duties
- Answers and directs business calls to appropriate personnel
- Manages emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
- Manages daily service by reviewing route performance and proactively responding to situations that impact customer service.
Dispatcher Experience & Skills:
- 1 year of customer service, dispatch, or scheduling experience preferred
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem solving abilities
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website