Are you interested in becoming a Dispatch Lead?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
Our Dispatch Leads Enjoy:
- $19.25/hr ($19.75/hr for Bilingual)
- Team-oriented Environment
- Free RTD bus pass
- Free workout facility in the building
- Variety of shops/eating places in the downtown area
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
Dispatch Lead Responsibilities:
- Oversee road service by assigned carriers by tracking trip performance measures, i.e. route start time, on-time performance, incidents, etc.
- Coordinates daily transportation services for Access – a – Ride customers by maintaining telephone and radio communications with customers, carriers, and drivers.
- Provide customer support by responding to questions and concerns regarding customer trips including no shows, cancellations, and missed trips
- Manage emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services
- Manage daily service by reviewing route performance and proactively responding to situations that impact customer service and on time performance
- Supervise staff on weekends and evenings
- Manage Department reports and other communication tools
- Provide support assistance to the Dispatch Supervisor including training of employees
- Make recommendations on improving the Dispatch Department
- Manage escalated calls
Dispatch Lead Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; technical degree preferred
- Must have completed 1 year of customer service rep or have equivalent skills and experience of a dispatcher
- Ability to learn dispatching software
- Must be able to manage emergency situations for drivers
- Team player
- Computer skills
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Supervisor experience strongly desired
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering- That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website