Ohio will no longer participate in the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program beginning June 26th, 2021. Apply now to secure your position!
Have you considered being a Transit Bus Driver in your community? Now's your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit Drivers provide essential transportation via Lorain County Transit within our local communities. Our drivers connect people to jobs, healthcare, education and leisure activities! As a Bus Driver you are an essential worker and would provide our community with the freedom and convenience of reliable, safe transportation. If you love serving people and driving – come work for us!
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer are all provided.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- $16.05/HR Starting Wage
- $500 Sign on Bonus*
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid PTO/Vacation
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Flexible Schedule
- Year-round work
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- Serving passengers who live and work in your community
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have a CDL with Passenger endorsements
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to a drug test and physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
*Offer Expires 6/30/21, see location for details
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website