Assistant Fleet Maintenance Manager
First Transit is seeking an Assistant Maintenance Manager to lead the maintenance quality program for the largest East Region University group of transit bus fleets. This role is responsible for ensuring maintenance program operations meet Frist Transit standards for quality and safety and are in compliance with State and Federal regulations and Corporate and Client policies. The maintenance program is based at Monmouth Junction, NJ at a lead maintenance facility.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Highly competitive base salary starting at $70K and above based on experience & qualifications
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities for maintenance management positions in First Transit across the nation
- Ongoing company training
- Excellent benefits packages including medical , dental & vision, 401(k) with company contribution, 2-week vacation, paid sick time and paid holidays
- A great work environment!
Assistant Maintenance Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Review all shop maintenance repairs and work orders for accuracy and efficiency for a 135-vehicle bus fleet.
- Successfully integrate First Transit maintenance systems in INFOR for scheduling, reporting, and work order tracking for the maintenance program
- Schedule and administer fleet maintenance, assist with troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Coordinates and communicates fleet availability of vehicles prepared for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
- In coordination with the maintenance manager, oversees training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish relationships with key client agency personnel to identify additional training needs, resources and opportunities.
- Complete and submit reports for the Client and First Transit departments
- Work with vendors on parts purchasing, invoicing and warranty coordination
- Complete special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Assistant Maintenance Manager Job Requirements Include:
- Technician training/vocational school degree preferred.
- ASE Master Certification highly preferred.
- 5 to 10+ years of industrial fleet experience and/or bus fleet maintenance experience.
- Valid CDL, Class A or B with Passenger & Airbrake Endorsements, Highly Preferred.
- Training and supervisory experience in vehicle maintenance and facility operations.
- Knowledge of transit bus vehicles, components and data/communications systems.
- Minimum one year of audit and/or quality assurance experience.
- Proficient computer skills, able to easily utilize maintenance database systems daily.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and provide appropriate supervision and follow up to department staff.
- Subject to a pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website