Job Purpose: Responsible for all transportation activities, including the dispatching of vehicles on schedule, the oversight of the vehicles and Operators while in service, and processing and verifying operations payroll.
- Coordinates the dispatching, in service monitoring and turn-in activities involved in daily transit operations.
- Works with the Maintenance Manger to insure that vehicles dispatched are in proper working conditions.
- Prepares and verifies operations payroll.
- Develops manpower requirements for Road Supervisors, Dispatchers, Operators and Service Personnel.
- Coordinates operations personnel selection, recruitment and training with the Safety Manager.
- Assists in developing procedure manuals for Dispatchers, Road Supervisors, Operators and Service personnel.
- Insures accurate and timely collection and reporting of fare box revenue.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget.
- Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Included in the evaluation of activities are the following: Vehicle on time statistics, missed runs, revenue/cost data, total work hours, total pay hours, customer compliant data, accident data, road call data, other operations related functions.
- Recommends and disciplines operations, personnel.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum five (5) years of public transit experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Must have knowledge of transit operations, maintenance, and administration.
- Must have knowledge of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements and guidelines.
- Must have good communication skills.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website