Why Work at First?
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity. Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you will receive a competitive benefits package that includes: 401k with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and vision).
Assistant General Manager of Maintenance and Facilities Job Overview:
The AGM of Maintenance and Facilities will oversee the day to day overall aspects of the transit system's fleet and facilities maintenance, and other operational functions as deemed necessary under the direction of the General Manager. This position is also responsible for all project management activities of department's capital projects in development status.
Responsibilities of an Assistant General Manager of Maintenance and Facilities
- Ensures that the daily operations of the overall maintenance and facilities functions of the transit system services is in accordance with federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Serves as Project Manager for departmental capital facility projects procurement process, grant compliance, and coordinates with City Engineering and Purchasing Departments and other permitting related departments on the construction process.
- Develops specifications, Bids, RFP's, SOQ's, cost proposals, obtains price quotes for departmental facilities, fleet, and equipment needs.
- Develops fleet and equipment listings / descriptions for public auctions; prepares disposition documents to and with the funding agencies.
- Oversight of Environmental Management (EiOS) and FTA /TxDOT Transit Asset Management for compliance.
- Reviews, evaluates, develops, and administers preventive maintenance policies and procedures manuals for operational adherence and compliance with the agency's fleet and facility's needs.
- Responsible for keeping an accurate inventory of facilities, fleet, major equipment, and maintenance materials and supplies, annual mileage reports, and other reports as needed to ensure State and Federal compliance.
- Develops vehicle/facility needs assessments in the form of a written procurement history to validate and qualify a specific vehicle or heavy equipment and facility or facility improvement needs prior to procurement process.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental presentations, financial reports, departmental budgets, departmental contracts, and government documents.
- Actively manages risks and works in concert with Chief Safety Officer to promote safety and security within the agency's fleet and facilities.
- Performs data analysis of monthly reports and departmental audits to evaluate maintenance activities for fleet and facilities to include preventative maintenance adherence, ensure revenue vehicle daily roll-out, and the operational readiness of all fleet and facilities for service compliance.
- Assists in the development of procedural processes and / or Transit Asset Management (TAM) plans for facilities and fleet maintenance and replacement program.
- Administers employee disciplinary policies, collective bargaining agreement (CBA), and evaluates employee performance, relations, and development through coordinated weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or annual meetings and reports, as needed.
- Represents the General Manager at meetings and functions in his/her absence to include City Council presentations.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the General Manager.
What we would like you to possess:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of transportation experience to include transit fleet management, and micro-mobility with increasing responsibilities.
- Knowledge of transit, fleet maintenance, and administration.
- Knowledge of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) requirements and guidelines.
- Great communication and analytical skills.
- Bilingual – (Spanish) preferred
Apply today to join our team
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website