Why Work at First?
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity. Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you will receive a competitive benefits package that includes 401k with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and vision).
The Accounting Manager prepares financial reports under limited supervision. Performs the most complex activities related to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger. Guides others in the application of accounting principles to generate accurate and timely financial reports. Develops strategies and implements the long-term goals of our organization.
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records, including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reports the company's finances to management, offering suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepares journal entries as needed.
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations, and divisions
- Reconciles assigned accounts and calculates depreciation/amortization expenses.
- Prepares and distributes monthly Financial Books
- Manages projects using defined project management tools and communications vehicles
- Acts as liaison for internal and external communications with assigned accounts. Provides regular status reports to management
- May have direct accountability to train and mentor Staff Accountants and Sr Staff Accountants
- Makes recommendations to improve accounting processes.
- Determines revenues & expenses incurred to anticipate future results.
- Develops/recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Assists in developing accounting strategies.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- 8+ years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under very limited supervision with positive results.
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to perform and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to manage and organize work assignments, styles, and relationships with several respective managers.
- Developing ability to lead and mentor direct reports.
- Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website