Do you like puzzles? Are you detail oriented? Are you interested in learning state of the art software? Does making life better for St Louis school children excite you? Then a role as a school transportation router may be just right for you!!!!!
Now Hiring Routing Specialists
At First Student, our Routers are a constant reflection of our company's commitment to safety and customer service. The Router is responsible for operating and maintaining our state of the art routing systems and using those tools to establish efficient bus routes within defined district parameters. The routers assign and maintain student ridership, communicate with drivers and operations staff, and consult with school officials regarding bus routes.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
- Prepares bus routes for the coming school year, ensuring that routes are established as efficiently as possible and provide appropriate service for students
- During the school year maintains routes as students come and go for efficiency and accuracy
- Will learn and work with First Student state of the art software programs which assist in the development and maintenance of school bus routes
- Work with First Student GPS systems to verify the accuracy of driver path and stop times
- Demonstrates and promotes a safe environment at all times
- Assists the Contract Manager in establishing reports to measure operating metrics such as driver hours, miles and on-time performance
- Meets with school officials as needed to keep routes current and accurate
- May drive bus routes as needed
Router Required Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CDL Operator's License
- Knowledge of location and surrounding area
- Able to work in a team environment
- Good organizational and customer service skills
- Computer literate
First Student's commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you'll love. As a large company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you'll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website