Operations Supervisor - Transportation
Come join one of the largest transportation organizations in all of North America!
First Student is currently hiring for an Operations Supervisor for our Maywood, IL facility. In this role you will focus on supervising day to day operations of our buses. As well as schedule the maintenance and fueling of the buses!
This is great opportunity to enhance your skill set and grow and contribute with a dynamic company.
- Demonstrates and promotes a safe work environment at all times
- Insures drivers have the daily paperwork necessary to complete their routes. Insures completed charter paperwork is received by the Location Manager for processing.
- Coordinates field trips by the assignment of personnel and vehicles.
- Under location managers direction, assists drivers with establishing route descriptions.
- Insures that drivers follow through with scheduled fueling and mechanical work
- Observes safety practices of personnel and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Assists Location Manager during training session and kick off meetings.
- Attends disciplinary meetings with location manager
- May interact with school officials on routine matters at smaller bus locations.
- May drive bus on occasion if necessary.
- Assists dispatcher when necessary.
- May manage small locations under the overall direction of the Location Manager
- Insures that routes meet state, local, and vendor requirements.
- Reviews time sheets prior to submission to payroll.
- 3-5 years' experience in transportation industry.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
Apply/submit a resume today, for an exciting and challenging position within the First Family!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website