First Student is now hiring a Fleet Maintenance Manager at our Bristol, CT location!
The Fleet Service Manager will oversee a shop servicing approximately 185 buses for Bristol and New Britain School Districts and will supervise 6 technicians and two 2 utility positions.
Why pick First Student? We are proud to offer the following:
- Attractive salary based on experience & qualifications
- ASE certification bonuses - earn a $2,000 bonus if ASE Blue Seal is awarded to your shop!
- Comprehensive benefits packages including health, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off!
- Growth potential - Advance your career nationwide with First Student, Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions!
- Ongoing cutting-edge training
Shop Manager Job Duties Include:
- In relation to shop employees, is responsible for training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with location manager and region maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Shop Manager Job Requirements:
- Technical training helpful
- Valid driver's license; Willing to obtain a CDL
- 5+ years of hands-on vehicle maintenance management experience
- Strong auto/diesel mechanical knowledge and experience required
- ASE / OEM Certifications strongly preferred. Must be willing to obtain while employed. (company training & bonuses available!)
- Subject to a drug test
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website