SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for maintaining close, continuous surveillance of all gaming areas and the entire property, in order to protect life, assets and the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Monitors all areas of the property at all times, identifying potential security and/or safety risks and reporting same to the appropriate individual or entity, for proper resolution.
- Utilizes necessary equipment, to identify, record, document and report illegal, suspicious or unusual activities occurring on property.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, and ensures strict adherence throughout the property.
- Protects company assets and gaming integrity, through the consistent, thorough monitoring of all activities on property, particularly on the gaming floor.
- Supports other Team Members, Supervisors and Executives within the company, with regard to protection of assets in their respective departments.
- Maintains or augments skills through review and self-study.
- Coordinates, with the Security Department, when Surveillance discovers a matter which needs further investigation or attention.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Make suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, with regard to possible changes in the policies and procedures of other departments, with the protection of company assets in mind.
- Maintains knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (Tribal, federal, state, etc.) and associated regulations as well as the Company's internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant's education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate's education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School diploma or GED. Knowledge of, and/or experience with, closed circuit television equipment. One year experience in Law Enforcement, Major Department Store Loss Prevention and/or Casino Surveillance. Must be able to detect any schemes or cheating activity aimed at the company or its' guests. Must have strong ability to concentrate, demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, and possess solid teamwork skills. Must be 21 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
No general or preferred qualifications.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
Due to the sensitive nature of the Surveillance position, transfers to other departments at FireKeepers Casino Hotel are not permitted.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Apply on company website