Fidelity TalentSource is hiring a Systems Engineer for its Cybersecurity Division within Fidelity Investments in Westlake, TX!Insider Threat Systems Engineer
Enterprise Cybersecurity is a central Information Security organization within Fidelity Investments serving the Enterprise as a whole. The scope of the ECS Systems Engineering Chapter is to craft, engineer, implement and maintain various security solutions to ensure that our partners in Cyber Operations and the enterprise have the right tools and capabilities to detect, prevent and respond to destructive cyber activity while keeping Fidelity's computing environment secure.The Team
As a Systems Engineer supporting the ECS Insider Threat Product Line, you will be applying your strong systems engineering practices (implementation and validation) to craft, develop, test, deploy and maintain Fidelity's Insider Threat portfolio, including, where applicable, the evaluation and integration of OpenSource and/or vendor technologies. You will also be supporting your team in adopting standard methodologies to ensure we are building the right tools and capabilities to address the organizations strategic needs. Being technically proficient is telling only half of the story. We believe that delivering the best possible customer experience and collaborating with our technology and business partners across the firm is equally as important.
The successful candidate should have a proven background in systems engineering and automation disciplines. This role will involve working closely with our development teams to accurately supervise the health and security posture of our security controls within Fidelity's computing environment. The responsibilities of this role include working with our business partners to review security gaps, recommend, build and support solutions for risk mitigation and optimize existing security toolkits and capabilities.
While systems engineering and automation skills are paramount, this candidate should possess a fundamental background in Information Security and Endpoint protection practices.The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Science, or a closely related subject area preferred
- Two-three years of experience in systems engineering with a focus on development and automation, preferably Java based development.
- Experience with software development and scripting to provide process automation, monitoring, and/or self-service capabilities
- Familiarity with security standards, controls, and architecture, along with application, server, database, and network infrastructure knowledge, in large-scale, enterprise-class contexts
- The ability to translate business needs into technology solutions
- Familiarity with Agile / DevOps concepts and principles
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly, both in the written (documentation) and spoken (presentations, etc) mediums.
- Ability to guide and support business partners trying to use our products
- Software development proficiency in an Agile model across all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Proficient knowledge and hands on experience in several of the following languages and frameworks: JAVA, C#, C/C++, OpenSSL
- Experience with API development and maintenance, including REST, Swagger, and OpenAPI
- Experience with web and web server technologies like Apache, MS IIS, and Tomcat
- Knowledgeable of OpenSSL and TLS methods to secure transport protocols like ICAP and HTTPS
- Strong operating systems knowledge (Windows Servers and Linux).
- Solid understanding of networking, TCP/IP and traffic routing.
- Familiarity with cloud computing technologies, including AWS and / or Azure.
- Familiarity with ITIL or another IT service management framework.
- Experience with using GIT, Stash, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Confluence, and JIRA
- Help us tackle real-life problems and meet real service consumer needs. You'll be helping us build things by considering a problem or idea, crafting rapid prototypes, and learning from real-time feedback to refine and complete your work.
- Crafting and deploying self-service capabilities to enable our consumers to more efficiently use our solutions
- Providing support and maintenance of production environments including scripting and automation development that provides monitoring, alerting, and environment metrics gathering used to analyze data points and trends
- Social skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in significant discussions
- You can clearly detail requirements and system designs in a way that can be understood by both technical and non-technical individuals
- You form relationships with key business partners and quickly establish trust to ensure effective delivery
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit Ftsjobs.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website