Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer to work at Fidelity in Durham,NC.
Are you interested in serving the needs of millions of customers by building the best-in-class digital experience that helps them in financial planning, investing, and retirement solutions? Fidelity TalentSource is hiring an engineer for our client, Fidelity Investments. This chapter comprises teams that work on a wide range of applications and platforms like Fidelity.com, Fidelity Mobile Apps and Active Trader Pro®. We're looking for product-aware engineers who are passionate, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help us on our mission to deliver the best omni channel (web, mobile, IoT) experience to our customers.The Purpose of Your Role
We build and supply to Fidelity's digital presence. We are responsible for building a future-proof and friction-free content delivery platform, that delights customers with engaging and personalized content on any device. As a developer on Normalized content team, you will help us build the next generation content delivery database, content services, and Rest APIs on AWS. You will also interact with API consumers and provide guidance on API adoptions.
You will own entire features from concept to deployment working as part of our cross-functional teams. You'll have the opportunity to chip in ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.The Expertise We're Looking For
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us tackle real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You'll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and crafting rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
- Ability to be a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask "Why" and "What if"?
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Interested in cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Stay on top of Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns and love the challenge of building highly scalable systems that can support thousands of transactions/sec.
- Have an attitude of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone's job.
- Are data-driven and can measure, collect and use data to make decisions. We understand the value of intuition and the need to balance decisions accordingly.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in significant discussions.
- Strong Experience with REST API Design & Development using Java (preferred) or NodeJS
- Strong Experience working in a Cloud environment using AWS
- Experience with Automation Tools/Frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Mocha, Selenium etc.)
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to explore new technology stacks
- Experience with technical design and architecture and ability to use relevant algorithms, design patterns
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward results-oriented, passionate individuals with a work environment that cultivates diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees' individual differences can chip in to the bright and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website