Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer to work at Fidelity in Durham, NC!
As an Engineer within Data team, you will be building solutions to help enable timely and accurate data delivery via the platform. If you are a highly motivated and responsive teammate, with a “Can do” attitude who is able to multi-task and work under minimal supervision, this role is for you.The Expertise We're Looking For
- Minimum of 7 years of data engineering experience
- Proven expertise with critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Deep understanding and expertise with data analysis, modeling, and related concepts; financial industry experience a plus.
- An aptitude for Quantitative, Multi-Dimensional Analysis, working with data and data tools as well as proficiency in usage of Excel for numeric analysis would be a plus
- Expertise in Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Capability to Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Knack for writing clean, testable, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience with complex data environments, including enterprise warehouses, Datamart's, ODS
- Hands-on experience working on a real or a pilot implementation of a data platform on the Cloud
- Experience with Apache Kafka development for storing, reading and analyzing streaming data
- Experience in building brokerage and trading platforms is a plus
- Specialist Oracle PL/SQL development skills and Oracle Performance tuning
- Experience with cloud, API, RDBMS, or distributed technologies a must
- Experience with developing data distribution using Apache Kafka solution EDA
- You excel in your oral and written communication and presentation skills, and a flair to establish rapport with a diverse partner base.
- As a Technical Lead, you will drive platform evolution with specific responsibilities for providing technical leadership in data engineering, as well as in Test Driven Development
- Your knowledge of data management technologies allows you to contribute ideas/solutions to take on challenging problems leading large volumes of data in a flexible and performance way
- Your strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal, are world-class and you are adept at working with many partners to address their needs and educate them on platform capabilities
- You have a proven track record crafting and building complex end-to-end systems (full stack developer)
- You are a teammate that thrives in a highly collaborative working environment
- Your dedication to professional development regardless of your current knowledge in the following areas and others:
- Open source data warehouse tools
- NoSQL databases
- Snowflake as well as hub and spoke data distribution models
- In-memory databases
- Participating as a valued team member with a reputation of being the ‘go to' person for all data related questions and solutions
- Balancing your time and assigned work to ensure maximum value for your users and teammates
- Influencing your team and partners with regard to making informed decisions that balance short term costs, speed of delivery, and total cost of ownership
- Finding creative and efficient solutions to complex data needs and work flows while adhering to a product model mentality to avoid ‘one-off' solutions
- At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward results-oriented, hardworking individuals with a work environment that cultivates diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees' individual differences can supply to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website