Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments! We are currently sourcing for a Principal Cloud Technologist to work in Fidelity's Enterprise Cloud Computing group in Durham, NC.The Team
The Enterprise Cloud Computing SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Team is essential to the success of Fidelity's cloud adoption. The SRE team implements, manages and improves a complex and sophisticated Kubernetes system spanning multiple clouds, public and private. As a natural extension of this system, the team also ensures that the hosted web applications and microservices are balanced, monitored and designed to scale. These goals are achieved through highly coordinated relationships with the Kubernetes solution development teams, application support teams and our vendor partnersThe Expertise We're Looking For
- 8+ years IT experience
- Experience with enabling and managing cloud services, usage, and optimizations
- 4+ years software engineering with a focus on CI/CD and release management
- Experience with enabling and managing cloud services, usage and optimization
- 4+ years experience designing, implementing and managing Kubernetes (EKS, AKS)
- 4+ years experience managing solutions as code by using GIT
- 2+ years with Jenkins
- 2+ years with Shell Scripting
- 3+ years experience in 24x7 production environments.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and Go
- Experience designing, implementing and hosting solutions based in AWS and/or Azure
- AWS, Azure and/or Kubernetes certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences – or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in designing and developing automation
- Lead significant production improvements that result in direct business opportunities for Fidelity
- Create solutions that support a DevOps practices for delivery and operations of services
- Adapting to rapid changes in Cloud with ability to learn very quickly
- Track record of ideation and innovating technology at scale
- Detailed problem-solving approach, coupled with good interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- SREs troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, make feature enhancements, bug fixes, systems management, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks.
- The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on call and operational tasks and involves small to medium level software development work.
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
- Cultivate relationships with developers, engineers and other technology partners to understand their infrastructure needs.
- Act as a technical point of escalation, provide mentorship, and technical direction to team-members and evangelize best practices and methodologies.
- A company that is committed to innovation and being an industry leader by investing in technology.
- More than 12,000 technology professionals utilizing an Agile methodology enterprise-wide.
- Access to top-tier technology platforms, OS, and frameworks.
- Meaningful positions and numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Competitive pay and benefits package that includes bonus, health insurance, pension, life assurance and a variety of work/life programs.
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our dedication to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and expansive work environment where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website