Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Mobile Developer to work in Fidelity's Workplace Investing Business Unit in Durham, NC.
Mobile Software Engineer Developer
Workplace Investing Mobile and Emerging Tech team is looking for a Mobile Hybrid Developer at Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Durham, NC.
We're looking for product-aware engineers who are hardworking and responsible individuals to help deliver the best mobile experience to our customers. The ideal candidate is deeply entrenched in mobile development, with a passion for demonstrating the right tools and frameworks to guide the development of stable, robust, and resilient apps that best serve our customer base.The Team
Fidelity's Workplace Investing (WI) Mobile and Emerging Technology team designs, develops, implements and supports WI's suite of Internet products and services for mobile and other emerging technologies. The Mobile and Emerging Technology development teams are focused on delivering innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Our systems professionals thrive with an unyielding commitment to innovation, which fosters a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. We see ourselves as a vital link to Fidelity's customers. This is a fast-paced group that is using cutting edge technologies to create powerful tools and a best in class user experiences for our customers using mobile native, hybrid and cloud technologies.
As a Mobile Software Engineer, you are responsible for developing mobile applications using native and web technologies. The individual selected, will be part of an agile team and will play a key role in working with other developers, analysts and QA in understanding the business requirements and developing solutions to deliver with excellent quality and on time.The Expertise You Have
- Overall 8+ years' IT experience with 6 years specific to the skillset listed below.
- Strong mobile hybrid technology knowledge or knowledge of iOS or Android native development.
- Experience with hybrid technology frameworks like Cordova or Phonegap, Ionic and Angular is preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems.
- Previous experience in benefits outsourcing industry/Health & Insurance is preferred.
- Effectively work with offshore teams to delegate and take handoff on project work.
- Your passion building amazing hybrid and native experiences on iOS and Android platforms
- Hybrid mobile application development using Ionic, Cordova/Phonegap, Angular, HTML5, CSS, Typescript, JS, Java and Spring
- Knowledge of consuming HTTP based APIs/RESTful JSON APIs is required
- DevOps CI/CD, QA Automation, uDeploy, Jenkins
- Advanced GIT, hands on command line and shell script development experience
- Your desire to delight our clients with the latest mobile technologies using your knowledge of iOS design patterns including MVP and MVC
- Karma and Jasmine experience are a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with Test driven development, static code analysis and secure code scan
- Performs good unit testing and peer reviews before delivering code to QA
- Passion for writing readable, maintainable and well-tested code and supporting technical design documentation
- Excellence in communication and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to Agile development methodology is required. Candidate will participate in daily scrums, effectively communicate status during standup and brings attention to issues for resolution.
- Collaborating with architecture, security, and UXD to build architecturally-compliant apps and offer valuable input on efficient ways to develop given functionality
- Providing mobile thought leadership to advance WI's mobile outcomes and facilitate a mobile-first attitude
- Serving as Mobile advocates for the adoption of experiences that seek the needs of our digitally-minded customers ?
- Staying ahead of the curve by aligning architecture, user experience, and security with chapters and COEs?
- Supporting a mobile-first world through upskilling and augmenting squads with deep mobile expertise
- Collaborates with systems/business analysts and tech leads to define system specs for features.
- Takes ownership of assigned work and delivers high quality solutions.
- Be an active member of an Agile team
- Regularly provides guidance and training to enable other team members to meet/exceed expectations
- Develops technical guidelines/standards and makes them accessible to other developers
- Three consecutive years on CareerBliss' Top 50 Happiest Companies Employees Survey
- A company that is committed to innovation and being an industry leader by investing in technology
- More than 12,000 technology professionals utilizing an Agile methodology enterprise-wide
- Access to top-tier technology platforms, OS, and frameworks
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees' individual differences can contribute to the bright and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Apply on company website