Fidelity TalentSource is looking to hire a Fund Operations Analyst at Fidelity Investments, located in Westlake, TX.
This is a six month contract that pays $20.00 an hour.
You enjoy working in a dynamic, high volume and fast-paced operations environment, managing highly sensitive and complex financial transactions. You are organized, analytical and quality focused to deliver accurate and comprehensive information to support our internal and external customers.
You can adapt to changing requirements in a deadline driven daily operational team setting. You meet deliverables in a timely and efficient manner with a low number of errors.The Expertise We're Looking For
- Basic knowledge and understanding of financial markets and securities.
- Basic to advanced technical skills which include Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Strong aptitude for learning new processes through individually paced on-the-job and mentor aided training opportunities.
The analyst's primary role is to validate impacts to mutual fund's NAVs, Mils, and Yields to ensure shareholder accounts are valued accurately while protecting Fidelity's reputation.
As part of the FFIO business unit, the Accounting Operations group adheres to policy, procedures, and regulatory guidelines along with other ad-hoc responsibilities. In addition to the technical aspect of the role, you will also perform project work, look for operational improvements, partake in training and development opportunities and be part of a larger team effort. Depending on the project that you support, the work hours may vary from early morning shifts to more standard work hours. The ability to work overtime and be flexible is strongly encouraged.The Skills You Bring
- Your effective written and oral communication skills
- Your thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced operational environment that is driven on deadlines
- Your outstanding attention to detail
- Your ability to research and communicate your research successfully to internal and external business partners
- Your positive team oriented attitude
- Your strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (such as Word or Excel – VBA coding knowledge a plus), and ability to train on and work with different operating systems.
- Your phenomenal organizational and time management skills
- Your ability to bring up issues to the appropriate parties to ensure a timely and accurate solution
- Researching and validating mutual fund impacts using accounting systems to properly account for shareholder's interests while maintaining Fidelity's reputation.
- Participating in continuous improvements in execution across the organization.
- Identifying and participating in development of cross divisional business initiatives.
- Communicating with internal and external business partners to resolve issues and provide customer solutions.
The Accounting group is responsible for maintaining proper valuation of the books and records for all mutual funds within Fidelity Investments family of Retail and Institutional products. The group performs a crucial role in accurately valuing mutual funds which serves to protect shareholder interest and Fidelity's reputation as a leader in the industry.
As part of Fidelity's Fund and Investment Operations (FFIO) business unit, the Fund Operations division provides accounting and pricing services to all Fidelity Retail and Institutional products, including books and records maintenance, securities' pricing, and net asset value, yield and distribution rate calculations. The Fund Accounting department performs the daily pricing and bookkeeping for retail funds and institutional funds within FFIO.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website