Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Full Stack Engineer to work in Fidelity's Asset Management Technology in Boston, MA.
Asset Management Technology is looking for a hardworking, highly motivated full-stack Software Engineer with a proven understanding of programming fundamentals, software design and practices to join our Engineering team, developing solutions using mid-tier technologies – Java/Spring, Python, Database technologies – Oracle, PL/SQL, ETL and cloud deployment and services supporting the Asset Management organization.
The Expertise You Have
- Knack for writing clean, testable, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Demonstrable understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Solid experience with SQL, PL/SQL & ETL development
- Exposure with middleware Java stack and Spring frameworks
- Understanding of AWS services and deployment
- Experience working in an Agile software delivery environment, with exposure to CI/CD.
- Passionate about engineering perfection with a good understanding of object-orientated programming.
- Exposure to Python is a plus
The Skills You Bring
- You can write service layer code with proficiency, quality and clarity.
- You can deliver maintainable, extensible, reusable and performant solutions
- You understand how to operate in an Agile environment and understand how to deliver using an Acceptance Test development (ATDD) approach
- You identify bottlenecks and bugs, and work to resolve them
- You are committed to collaboration and communication in your work
- You know legacy monolithic architecture and how to convert to a micro service based architecture
The Value You Deliver
- You will lead design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and that are aligned to the program's strategic direction
- You will lead application design efforts, participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Fully engaging in product quality plan efforts, including test case development, design and code reviews and regression testing.
- Working to improve engineering practice in the areas of ATDD and CI/CD.
- Engaging in working with global team of developers in leading standard methodologies for software engineering
Fidelity Asset Management Technology provides worldwide technology and support to all the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Asset Management Technology is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website