Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Full Stack Software Engineer to work at Fidelity in Jersey City, NJ.
The qualified candidate will be part of an Agile development team working on a multi-year initiative to build a comprehensive brokerage platform. As the technology lead, the candidate is expected to provide leadership and guidance on their cross-functional team. This role will involve analysis, design, planning, coding, and testing not only within the team, but aligned with the overall project direction. The candidate will be expected to provide tactical solutions as well as strategic vision embracing leading-edge technologies and methods. In addition, this role will require the ability to work with senior-level business partners to understand requirements and propose appropriate solutions, and to work with architecture and infrastructure teams to articulate capability requirements.
- Supporting, Coordinating, Leading, and collaborating with teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Coordinate the delivery of technical components across internal/external technical teams.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing using Open Source frameworks.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives.
The Value You Deliver
- Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision.
- Help strengthen further the culture of innovation by setting examples
- Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
- Foster a culture of best in class software engineering practices
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
• Expert level experience in designing and building REST web services using Java at internet scale
• Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes.
• Personal skills to work with all levels of management at a technical and operations level.
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
• Experience implementing industrial-grade APIs on gateway products like Apigee.
• Experience with building messaging, and event-driven architectures
• Experience with tuning high-volume applications
• Experience with caching products
• Knowledgeable in enterprise architecture, modern runtimes (including Cloud platforms, Docker, Kubernetes), networking, storage & databases, and security
• Broader understanding of technology delivery – UX, dev, QA, and production management
• Experience in using tools like JIRA and following and promoting Agile practices like SCRUM and TDD
• Ensures code reviews, unit testing and integration testing is completed efficiently and effectively
• Help coordinate the delivery of technical components across internal/external technical teams.
• Experience using jUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Rest Assured
• Proven test automation experience using JS frameworks such as Jasmine, karma, protractor is a plus
• Incorporate and streamline test automation into build CI/CD pipelines and quality gates
- Experience designing, developing and deploying applications with one or more of the following frameworks: Spring, Angular, Express, Serverless, AWS
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of AWS, GCP or Azure services and architectures
- Understanding and application of financial regulatory controls in a cloud environment
- AWS Cloud services: S3, Storage Gateway, API Gateway, Lamda
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website