Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a DevOps Engineer to work in Fidelity's Asset Management Technology in Durham, NC.
Investment Compliance Technology product line is responsible for building and maintaining technology products for Fidelity Asset Management Compliance business. These products enable compliance officers to ensure that all Fidelity trades and holdings are staying in sync with various regulatory requirements across the globe.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field
- 5+ years Operations experience, preferably in a DevOps or similar role
- Experience with task automation using off-the-shelf tools and/or customized scripts
- Experience in performing Linux and Windows systems administration, including troubleshooting, security/performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience designing and supporting software applications within a multi-platform continuous integration, deployment, and delivery environment.
- Experience working with AWS is a big plus!
- Experience as a developer (e.g. Java, Python, Perl, Chef, SQL) a plus
The Purpose of Your Role
You will be part of a tremendously hardworking and diverse software development team responsible for building and maintaining multiple environments. You will bring cloud management and sysadmin skills for application deployment and management while assisting in build engineering activities and looking for ways to automate the end-to-end deployment process. You have a passion for technology tempered by a level-headed approach to problem solving, and experience with build and deployment software. You will bring a hunger for problem solving and desire to understand and play with newer technologies and software methodologies.
The Skills You Bring
- Experience building, maintaining, and optimizing CI/CD pipelines
- Hosted and configured cloud-based service experience (EC2/AWS and/or private cloud)
- Proficiency in Perl, Python, Java or other programming languages to build custom tools for automating processes as needed
- Automate deployments with complex dependency trees
- Experience with automated application build, deployment, and support using Maven and Ant
- Experience with performing version control and continuous integration of build, deploy, and test, using Jenkins, Stash, uDeploy.
- Crafting innovative technical solutions using DevOps practices.
- Experience working on open source platforms (Apache, Tomcat, nginx, Node.js, etc)
- Experience with performing infrastructure automation and development using configuration management and containerization technologies like Chef, Ansible, and Docker for multi-tier Web applications.
- Knowledge of virtualization environments (e.g. VMWare, OpenStack, KVM)
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems (e.g. Git/Stash)
- Installing and coordinating MySQL or open source no-SQL databases
- Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with engineers and product teams to anticipate operational needs
- Must be a self-starter, self-directed and motivated.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website