Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a DevOps and Systems Support Engineer to work in Fidelity's Asset Management technology group in Durham, NC.Asset Management Technology Overview
Fidelity Investments is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio mentorship, brokerage, benefits outsourcing, and other financial products and services to institutions, financial intermediaries, and individuals. AMT is responsible for providing information technology solutions to Fidelity's investment and asset management businesses. They are a global organization of technologists based in the United States, London, India, and Ireland.Team Overview
The Common Platform Solutions team, a part of Asset Management Technology, provides Fidelity's development teams with Platform as a Service (PaaS) capabilities through common solutions and frameworks delivered in a scalable infrastructure. We provide these services, in collaboration with our business partners, to help advance their business objectives with a focus on operational excellence, cost efficiency, innovation and close business alignment.
We are looking for a DevOps and Systems Support Engineer with strong customer and social skills to provide operational expertise on our Global Support team's Level 2 practice. This team manages the stability and business continuity for a number of development frameworks, application components, infrastructure/hosting and enterprise-level services. Our support practice serves as a main contact for business partners and is comprised of “operationally-minded and technically oriented” engineers that provide assistance, triage and resolution of platform-related issues.Primary Responsibilities
You will be responsible for bringing together multiple technologies to deliver a cohesive platform-as-a-service product. You have a passion for technology tempered by a level-headed, ITIL-oriented approach to problem solving, and can take knowledge gained from triaging issues and foster it back into product design and support, making the end-to-end delivery more robust. An opportunity for growth and the potential to join in a full-time role is possible as your career advances.
In this role, you will work on one of two morning/evening US-based shifts (which will include either a Saturday or Sunday). The successful candidate is adept at pinpointing root cause and is motivated to learn low level technical details to tackle issues both immediately via workarounds and permanently by identifying defects to be fixed. A sense of urgency, responsiveness and strong desire to meet partners' expectations are all necessary attributes of a successful candidate for this role.All candidates must be able to:
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Application support for production and non-production environments
- Investigate and resolve system generated alerts and user raised incidents
- Handle Service Requests raised by users
- Coordinate with different teams for incident resolution
- Work with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, uDeploy and source control such as GIT
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Automate operational processes as needed
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Experience with AWS cloud deployment and DataDog
- BS or higher education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or IT-oriented degree program.
- 5+ years technical Systems Operations experience, preferably in an ITIL-orineted support capacity
- Should have solid experience in LINUX system
- Should have Apache Tomcat web server administration & support experience
- Experience of working with SiteScope, DataDog, Stash, Nexus, Artifactory
- Experience with Log aggregation tools such as Splunk, Datadog
- Experience in working with Python or Ansible for automation
- AWS Cloud migrations
- Scheduling tool working experience preferably Autosys
- Nice to have Informatica 9.x Admin experience
- Superb communication skills and co-ordination skills
- Demonstrable experience in supporting production environments for application built on technology components Java, Tomcat, Oracle & Informatica
- Multi task and being able to prioritize effectively
- Should have good analytical skills
- Fix and resolve issues during Major or Minor incident calls
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and championing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our dedication to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and expansive work environment where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website