Fidelity TalentSource is hiring an experienced Agile Scrum Master for our client Fidelity Investments, specifically Fidelity Charitable. Are you the ideal candidate? If you are an agile technologist that enjoys working with a diverse set of individuals to deliver valuable outcomes to our customers we are interested in learning more about you!
You'll be a team member of a highly reciprocal, multi-functional Scrum team within Fidelity Charitable. The scrum master is the team role responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use. You'll advise and lead teams on Agile methodologies to ensure that squads mature into multi-functional, productive entities that deliver on the sprint goals effectively and consistently.The Team
Fidelity Charitable is a 501(c)(3) public charity. We help donors improve their generosity through our donor-advised fund, called the Giving Account. Established in 1991, we are the nation's top grant-maker, distributing $5.2 billion to charities in 2018.The Expertise You Have
- Proven understanding of and experience with Agile practices, processes and ceremonies
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or SAFe) and/or experience working as one
- Working knowledge of tools such as Jira to build and maintain team backlog
You will work directly with teams to instill agile values, practices and processes. Working with the Product Owner, you will support development process by maintaining a well-groomed backlog and facilitating agile ceremonies such as stand ups, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospectives. You will continually monitor performance and help identify continuous improvement opportunities to help the team work better and smarter. You will also serve as the team release champion, owning several key tasks that ensures our work is released to production with quality.The Skills You Bring
- You are experienced in facilitation, and can lead the team through structured activities to overcome challenges and roadblocks
- You can influence and drive teams to success using Agile practices
- You have excellent people-interaction skills and communicate internally and externally to improve transparency
- You are well organized and well-adapted
- You're experienced with software development practices to challenge assumptions and ask the right questions
- You are proactive in seeking the right resources to resolve team impediments
- You will bring your intellectual curiosity, love of learning new skills and capabilities, e.g., Agile principles to inspire change
- You have a deep background in mentoring and developing teams into self-organizing, cross-functional teams
Encouraging Agile behaviors, reinforcing practices, norms, ceremonies, and supporting the overall team performance and efficiency
Identifying team improvement opportunities and looking externally for best practices to support continuous improvement
Managing and coordinating logistics for Agile ceremonies and practices, e.g., backlog maintenance, writing user stories, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, review sessions, and retrospectives
Driving a collaborative and encouraging team culture through team building and engagement practices
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website