Job Description: As a Vice President for Unified Customer Profile Platform Engineering within the Fidelity Personal Investment Organization you are responsible for the strategic technical direction and engineering execution of the platforms that are the backbone of our Unified Customer Profile (UCP) ecosystem and will be working in close partnership with the UCP product management and architecture functions. You will drive the technical solutioning and delivery for our cloud first platform strategy and migration of existing non-cloud platform capabilities to enable scalable, secure and rapid ingestion, consumption and curation of customer data across the enterprise (Ie; analytics, personalization, consumer experiences and record keeping systems). You will provide technical thought leadership, interpret and influence business strategy, and requirements for building and integrating cloud native solutions. This role evaluates and recommends solutions and technologies in support of the overall strategic direction of the company and the application of cloud appropriate models, methods, tools and technologies to achieve our specific UCP goals.
The role is based in Durham, NC or Boston, MA
The Expertise You have
- 15+ years of experience in defining application architecture strategies and solutions, and establishing capabilities and patterns
- 10+ years of engineering leadership at varying levels
- Proven cloud application architecture design, CI/CD pipeline and development
- Demonstrated experience in API Management, domain modeling, java based services development
- Application deployment planning, distribution strategies and configuration options
- Preferred experience and comfort with cloud based data streaming, warehousing, monitoring, containerization and aggregation technologies (e.g. BigQuery, AWS, Kubernetes, Kafka, Snowflake, Airflow, etc...)
- Experience in migration and/or refactoring of on-premise software to cloud based solutions
- Enthusiast for sound cloud application and services architecture design and development
- Ability to cultivate networks with people from across a variety of business units, functions, and locations
- Describes key features or products, services, and/or solutions required to be developed by other organizations; advocates and supervises the delivery of the solutions
- Strategic technical and architectural mentorship to senior management, project team members and functional organizations
- Ability to operationalize architectural designs and solutions into reusable capabilities and patterns
- Proven ability to plan realistic process and solution designs requirements appropriate to identified risk scenarios
- Consults and sets standards for platform and application engineering based on a balance of agility, resiliency, performance and cost management
- Proven expert understanding of the agile development process and DevOps practices.
- Incorporation of business vision into technical strategy at the business unit and enterprise level
- Prepare and deliver presentations on sophisticated topics to large or critical technical and business audiences
- Brings successful resolution to high-impact or multi-functional opportunities or problems
- Works to build a climate in which measurement of quality and efficiency is a standard practice
- Regularly provide mentorship, training and coaching to team members to support performance and career development
- Leading, mentoring, and developing people and teams
- Contribute to the development and evolution of digital architecture blueprint(s) by monitoring industry and technology trends
- Responsible for the Application architecture and design required to align with Cloud Strategy.
- Ensure technology decisions comply with enterprise architecture standards and strategies.
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
- Demonstrates comprehensive decision-making authority over technical issues, project policies, standards, and strategies
- Ability to articulate technical solution options and patterns to the product owners and business leadership.
- Collaborate to democratize mobile enablement across all of PI.
- Deliver high-performing, scalable, and elegant services and capabilities (Web, Mobile, Voice)
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website