Are you interested in serving the needs of millions of customers by building world class platforms and developer experiences? The team builds a wide range of capabilities and platforms to enable experiences on Fidelity.com, Fidelity Mobile Apps etc. We're looking for product-aware engineers who are passionate, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help us on our mission to build highly scalable platforms.
The team builds Developer Central, a platform that provides a unified developer experience for 50 Fidelity platforms that accelerate delivery and fleet management of everything from machine learning platforms, content management, client workflow to build ci/cd pipelines. Our job is making every Fidelity developer's job easier, faster and cloud native. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be an integral member of a dynamic team building world class products and customer experiences, “automating all the things”, in support of our rapidly expanding product portfolio.
You'll have the opportunity to contribute and to own entire features from concept to deployment working on multi-functional teams. You'll also chip in ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
The Expertise You Have
- A passion for technology and can navigate your way across sophisticated and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of the latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask “Why” and “What if”?
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Care about cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Stay on top of Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns and love the challenge of building highly scalable systems that can support thousands of engineers and millions of customers.
- Have an attitude of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone's job.
- Are data-driven and can measure, collect and use data to make decisions. We understand the value of intuition and the need to balance decisions accordingly.
- Strong Experience with API Design & Development
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in substantial discussions.
The Skills You Bring
- Proven understanding and experience in application development micro front ends & micro services
- Around 5 years of hands-on experience with designing and building large scale applications
- Knowledge of end-to-end DevSecOps automation with CI and CD pipelines including Unit, Component, Functional, Performance, and Security test automation
- Solid understanding of Cloud Native Software Engineering practices
- Proven knowledge of mock frameworks and service virtualization
- Certifications in, and working experience with, AWS/Azure
- Good knowledge of HTTP based APIs, Networking and how the internet works.
- Automation Tools/Frameworks
- Linux, Shell Scripting, Docker and AWS Cloud certification will be a plus
- Proven understanding of at least one SQL or No-SQL datastore
- Optionally: skilled in GraphQL, gRPC and Open Policy Agent
The Value You Deliver
We believe that diversity in background and experience will foster an inclusive and engaging work environment for our employees. This ultimately enables us to deliver a better product for our customers.
Being technically competent is only telling half the story. We believe that delivering the best possible customer experience requires an artful blend of human ingenuity and technology. While we value smart technologists, we are fanatics about our culture that promotes autonomy and leadership at all levels. People who are phenomenal cultural fits demonstrate curiosity to learn, are unafraid to break things, step up and take the lead, take ownership of their projects, and thrive by sharing knowledge.Certifications:
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website