Are you interested in serving the needs of millions of customers in tax efficient savings, protection and guaranteed income in retirement? Fidelity Investments Life Insurance (FILI) Technology team in Personal Investing is seeking a hardworking engineer to join us in modernizing and building innovative and cloud-native experiences, capabilities and platforms in support of this mission.The Team:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, you will have the opportunity to use all of your skills in engineering, modernizing, and testing Annuity contract generation and account opening applications. You will be encouraged to quickly gain understanding of all the components of our applications and will work with the team to deliver outstanding solutions.The Expertise You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years of development experience in Java, Spring Core / Spring Boot/ Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers
- 5+ years of development experience in Angular 9 or higher, NodeJS, Jasmine, Protractor
- Ability to use design patterns and software architecture while solving business problems
- Experience with IDE's Spring Tool Suite and Eclipse, within a UNIX and Windows environment
- Experience with CI/CD tools - Git, Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy, JIRA, Artifactory, Dynatrace, Sonar
- Proven understanding of PL SQL queries and debugging stored procedures
- Proven understanding of Docker, cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or Azure) will be a plus
- AWS Certification is a plus
- Knowledge of HIPPA, SOC1, GDPR is a plus
- Define, maintain, and support Java development environment and best practices, such as Maven, Sonar, and other Open Source tools.
- Assist in identification, isolation, resolution and communication of problems within the production and nonproduction environment and perform troubleshooting.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing using Open Source frameworks.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Leadership: Phenomenal teammate, self-starter, collaborative, innovative and eager to learn every day.
- Working on designs that demand integrity in an environment that requires excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision.
- Help strengthen further the culture of innovation by setting examples
- Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
- Foster a culture of best in class software engineering practices
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
- Take ownership and accountability for figuring out what needs to be done
Our ever-evolving technology stack ensures a great learning culture in the team. We are always exploring new technologies and new ways to continually provide value to our customers. This team has a direct and positive impact on Fidelity's customers.Certifications:
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website