Fidelity is hiring a Principle Software Engineer- Java API Development Platform at Fidelity Investments Merrimack NH/ Smithfield RI.
Fidelity Workplace Investing – API Market Technology Center of Excellence to build and support outstanding products for its highly business critical API Gateway. Our engineering team is innovative, diverse, passionate and self-driven. We work in a very dynamic agile environment.
Fidelity's Workplace Investing (WI) Technology team designs, develops, implements and supports WI's suite of Internet products and services. Drive WI API Strategy forward working with new FIRM Foundation squads, TAG API Council, and WI product partners with a dedicated commitment to innovation.
The Purpose: Lead Workplace Investing in crafting a modern, digital API ecosystem delivering better customer experiences faster, enabling expansion to new markets and providing access to legacy and third-party systems.
As a lead engineer on the team, your primary role will be building, testing and engineering REST API's on our API marketplace platform which is hosted on Apigee. You are encouraged to quickly gain an understanding of all the components of our platform to be able to lead and chip into strategic roadmaps and initiatives related to the improvement, maintenance, and support of the platform.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years of development experience (currently hands on) in Java, Spring MVC / Spring Core / Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers.
- Ability to make significant contributions to our technology platform
- Working Knowledge of API gateway such as Apigee, AWS
- IDE's Spring Tool Suite, and Eclipse, within a UNIX and Windows environment.
- Application build, deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools -- Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc.
- Leadership: Team player, self-starter, collaborative, innovative, eager to learn every day.
- Understanding & hands on knowledge of docker, cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or azure)
- Able to clearly articulate API strategies to all partners
The Skills You Bring
- Assist in coordinating multiple development work streams through integration and ensure architecture is scalable and extensible.
- Define, maintain, and support Java development environment and best practices, such as Maven, Sonar, and other Open Source tools.
- Assist in identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production and nonproduction environment and perform troubleshooting.
- Deliver API Platform capabilities such as Apigee Edge SaaS, Microgateway, JWT, KMaaS, External Identity Mapping, SwaggerHub, Datadog, WS Relay & many more
- Create API common framework
- Migration of existing API's to Kubernetes/Azure
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing using Open Source frameworks.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Driving new API products available in the marketplace.
- Consumer adoption of new API products
- Decommissioning legacy assets in line with enterprise goals and objectives
- Responsible for WI infrastructure needs as it relates to the API Platform offering from Enterprise Cloud computing
The Value You Deliver
- Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision.
- Help strengthen further the culture of innovation by setting examples
- Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
- Develop a culture of outstanding software engineering practices
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
- Take ownership and accountability for determining what needs to be done
- Establishing an API marketplace for Fidelity and trusted external partners
- Providing unified experience to access technical assets and resources
- Implement consistent standards for API development, deployment
- Coordinate publishing and consumption in the API Marketplace
- Mandate versioning and adoption policies
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website