Fidelity Investments Core Brokerage Technology Domain is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our technology team and work with Books & Records/Compliance Tribe in building Next Generation brokerage platform.
The Books & Records/Compliance Tribe is part of the Core Brokerage Platform Domain (formerly the Operations Service Group - Technology organization). This tribe is playing critical role in building Next Generation (NextGen) brokerage platform, a new platform for brokerage capabilities. The Tribe is responsible for straight through, real time processing of transactions (trade, non-trade) along with subsequent updates to Positions, Stock Record, and Balances for all accounts (customer and street-side). The Tribe is also working on integration with the numerous other brokerage Products/Tribes (e.g. Mutual Funds, Margin, Tax, Corporate Action, Statements, etc.). The Tribe supports all lines of business across Retail and Institutional businesses.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent.
- Proven expertise and experience in crafting sophisticated network of microservices which can handle high TPS traffic with low latency. This experience is essential as we embark on implementing transaction processing microservices, which can process millions of transactions daily, in a most efficient manner.
- Experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks. 5+ years of experience working with Java, Oracle, Kubernetes, Rancher (or Similar).
- Passion for technology and can navigate your way across sophisticated and rapidly changing landscapes by staying on top of the latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us seek problems and meet customer needs. You'll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and crafting rapid prototypes and learn from real-time feedback.
- You care about cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in substantial discussions with partners across business roles and skillsets.
The Skills You Bring
- Hands on experience in Java, Spring, API, messaging frameworks, container-based development (Docker), Hibernate ORM/JDBC/Connection Pooling and EDA solutions such as Kafka/ MQ/ AWS SNS
- Familiarity working with OAuth 2.0 framework and scopes
- Experience in implementing Micro services Architecture & building / deploying highly automated, scalable and maintainable infrastructure.
- Proven experience in crafting and developing apps with high efficiency and low latency utilizing load balancing caching, threading etc.
- Proven experience working with cloud computing strategies and architecture (Kubernetes, AWS fargate, Amazon EKS)
- Knowledge on CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins, uDeploy, Stash, JFrog)
The Value You Deliver
- Define, develop, and implement application level architecture hosted in the cloud.
- Experience with Jira and Agile development methodology.
- Develop, design, implement, and execute performance tests against application suite.
- Develop monitoring and management tools and processes.
- Efficient communication in team environment.
- Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website