Fidelity's Defined Benefit Platform Technology team is seeking highly motivated, Senior Software Engineer to join its dynamic, globally distributed team of IT professionals responsible for design and development of Fidelity's DB Platform Applications at its North Carolina site.
WI – DB Platform team manage applications that supports Defined Benefit (also known as pension) plans on behalf of Fidelity's corporate clients, their employees and retirees. Platform team contains agile squads working on Discretionary projects, Infrastructure and platform modernization projects (eg: Sybase to SQL Server database migration, public cloud migration), application maintenance and production incident support.
In this role, you will serve as a Software Engineer, who will partner within the DB Platform Development team. You will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of quality Dockerized java application deployed on Rancher/Kubernetes platform and legacy C++ based applications that are used by Fidelity's workplace participants. You will work closely with the scrum master, systems analysts, architects, and other developers to design, build, test, and deliver the features. You will also be encouraged to provide guidance and mentoring to the other developers within the scrum team in accordance with your skills and experiences.
DB Platform portfolio contains.
The Expertise You Have
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of development experience with strong knowledge of Java, Spring, Web-Services and SQL/Relational Databases is required
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum project environment with project team members in multiple locations, including offshore, is required
- Strong Object-oriented analysis and design is required
- Knowledge of C++ programming language is a plus
- Experience creating, building, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment leveraging CI/CD tools; experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy are a plus
- Cloud Experience (Azure, Docker with Kubernetes) is desired
- Familiarity with actuarial science is a plus
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with supporting teams to get things done in an expedited manner
The Skills You Bring
- Your background in the following will prove necessary:
- Software development skills using Java and web application technologies in a service-oriented architecture
- Experience in Server-Side Java, J2EE, REST, SQL, JUnit, and Tomcat.
- Working experience of Inversion of Control, dependency injection, and MVC design pattern
- Knowledge of continuous integration, static code analysis, and test-driven development
- Experience with Open Source Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Core. XML, Integration with RESTful Web Services
- Your experience with the following will be a plus:
- Proven experience crafting, building, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment using CI/CD tools; experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy are a plus
- Node JS, Angular and Backbone JS
- Containerization and cloud deployment
The Value You Deliver
- Your comprehensive knowledge of internet, application architecture, as well as current and new technologies
- Your expert understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Your use of formal methods (traditional structured or Agile/iterative) for delivering new or enhanced applications, identify and communicating systems development processes and developing deliverables associated with the respective phases of the lifecycle
- Your ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Your strong analytical skills and ability to solve issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and judgment
- Your ability to quickly learn, adapt and thrive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
- Your ability to present formal and informal presentations in various settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and senior management
- Your ability to communicate effectively with and to influence team members and external groups
- Your ability to navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks
- Your ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Your strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Your desire to be detail-oriented, very responsive and committed to quality
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.Certifications: Category: Information Technology
Apply on company website