The Fidelity Institutional Technology, DatabaseCenter of Excellence (COE), requires a highly competent and highlymotivated Senior Database Administrator with strong technical skills to supportchallenging mission critical database platforms. This position would provide anexcellent opportunity to work on leading database technologies like Oracle,Postgres, NoSQL, Snowflake etc. It is a great place to experience & learnend to end DBA service capabilities.
This rolerequires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problemsand requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment withthe SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customersto keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performingchanges on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannotbe resolved within the established time frames.
- Perform applications database administration (Oracle) services including SQL code review, performance analysis, query tuning, database application design, physical data modeling, development support & Engineering.
- Proactively monitor databases servers and respond to any alerts
- Provide database support in all phases of SDLC and agile experience is preferred
- Participate in 24X7 on call rotation schedule for various production support, database maintenance, housekeeping and installs
- Interface with enterprise teams for Systems Administrators, Cyber Security and Capacity Planning groups as and when situation demands
- Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds
- Should have strong time management skills with willingness and ability to handle multiple projects/initiatives at the same time
- Self-motivated with strong team, interpersonal and communication skills
- Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations and onboarding new applications and/or clients
- Write clear, concise, well organized technical documentation to maintain standards and procedures
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent
- 6+years of experience in Oracle DBA with Exadata and RAC expertise
- 3+years of experience in Postgres DBA support
- 2+years of DBA experience in other DBMS systems (MariaDB , SQL Server and Snowflake)is preferred
- 2+years of experience in Distributed replication technologies (Oracle Goldengate,EDB Replication, etc), preferred but not mandatory
- 2+years of experience in the Mutual Fund /Financial Services industry is highlydesired
- 6+ experience in Oracle RAC database administration across multiple platforms -- Linux and Engineered systems.
- Experience with cloud databases platforms (AWS/Azure certification is preferred), on both Linux and Windows environments
- 3+ experience in Postgres database administration across multiple platforms -- Linux and Cloud.
- Experience in setting up, installing and managing multisite databases using Oracle replication technologies
- Advanced skills in SQL Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid control (OEM 12c), Linux shell scripting, and writing database monitoring jobs in PL/SQL.
- Strong Linux shell scripting experience preferred
- Abilityto work well in a team environment, as well as maintaining a flexible attitudeare a must
- Abilityto develop and drive database administration strategies and initiatives as perthe needs of the team
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financialexpertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the livesthey want— from the 23 million people investing their life savings, to the20,000 businesses managing their employee benefits programs, to the10,000advisors and institutions needing innovative technology solutions to investtheir clients' money. To do this well, as a privately held company, we place ahigh degree of value in nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talentand reflects our commitment to being an employer of choice. For moreinformation about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website