You will be a Senior Software Engineer, working as part of a team that implements solutions to support the Data as a Service. We are looking for individuals who continually strive to advance engineering completion and technology innovation.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
- 5+ years of PL/SQL experience
- Proven experience as a developer in a data engineering role, preferably using Oracle DB and PL/SQL
- Deep understanding and expertise with data analysis, modeling, and related concepts; financial industry experience a plus
- Experience with Developing API
- Experience with complex data environments, including enterprise warehouses, Datamart's, ODS
- Knack for writing clean, testable, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Ability to work in an Agile software delivery environment, with exposure to continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
The Skills You Bring
- Proficiency in Scripting languages and Unix Shell Scripting. Basic proficiency of programming languages (Java/C++) is a plus.
- Experience with cloud, API, RDBMS, or distributed technologies a must
- ETL Development, primarily in Informatica. Demonstrated Experience in Data Warehouse implementations in a technical leadership capacity
- Experience with a structured application development methodology, using any industry standard Software Development Lifecycle, in particular Agile Methodologies
- You have a proven track record crafting and building complex end-to-end systems (full stack developer)
- You are a teammate that thrives in a highly collaborative working environment
- You always ensure your code is of the highest quality through unit testing, code analysis, and generally following standard methodologies
- Your commitment to professional development regardless of your current knowledge in the following areas and others:
- Open source data warehouse tools
- NoSQL databases
- Snowflake as well as hub and spoke data distribution models
The Value You Deliver
- Participating as a valued team member with a reputation of being the ‘go to' person for all data related questions and solutions
- Balancing your time and assigned work to ensure maximum value for your users and teammates
- Influencing your team and partners with regard to making informed decisions that balance short term costs, speed of delivery, and total cost of ownership
- Finding creative and efficient solutions to complex data needs and work flows while adhering to a product model mentality to avoid ‘one-off' solutions
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.Certifications: Category: Information Technology
Apply on company website