Fidelity EIPS-Voice and Interaction Team is looking for a Principle Systems Engineer interested in transforming support processes using DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering principles.
You will have the opportunity every single day to play a role in execution of critical initiatives, projects and support before the team. The individual will also have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers from around the globe and to interact with senior management for communication and consultation purposes.The Expertise You Have
- Experience managing technology environment stability and availability.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices
- Experience with DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices and principles.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, delivery projects, and implementation.
- Knowledge of basic networking (ping, traceroute, DNS)
- Experience with search and analytics engines (Splunk, ELK…)
- Experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Experience with workflow design, data analysis, and requirements identification/specification
- Experience with cloud-based technologies including SaaS solutions in the cloud and AWS
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and associated technologies
- Experience with Powershell and Python scripting
- Experience with programming languages including Java.
- Production support experience with financial systems
- Proven creative and abstract thinking
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Positive relationship management and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and/or project management skills required
- Ability to provide and lead 24x7 Level 3 support activities for the production environments
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of financial services industry a plus
The primary responsibility of the team is to lead initiatives which enhance the operational stability and availability of the applications that customer facing associates used to do their job. The team's goal is to deliver agreed levels of service to users and customers and to provide the best associate experience possible.
- Direct a team which provides technical support for the MyVoice platform.
- Champion automation efforts.
- Focus on improvements in instrumentation, logging and monitoring.
- Own the development and maintenance of monitoring and instrumentation capabilities for existing suite of applications.
- Establish plan for continuous improvement regarding stability and availability.
- Act as a Tech Lead on opportunities for Technical improvements for monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Metrics and reporting around various areas including, but not limited to, application performance & monitoring, incident and problem management, etc.
- Expected to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong sense of ownership for the health of the applications and level of partnership with the business.
- Coordinate and encourage the adoption of new tools and process within the team.
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify dependencies, coordinate activity and resolve problems.
- Document and review implementation plans, support procedures and environment configurations.
- Respond to dynamic needs of management and partners
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website