Job Description: The FENS team is looking for a highly motivated Principal Software Engineer/Developer to craft, develop and implement Distributed applications in an agile development environment.
Fidelity Wireless & Alerts (FWA) team is responsible for systems design, development and maintenance of Fidelity's mobile and alerts systems. Fidelity Wireless & Alerts group provides mobile products for Institutional customers and real-time & batch alerts for Retail, Institutional, workplace Investing and Capital markets customers.
The Expertise You Have
- BS Computer Science or equivalent is required; MS Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- Strong software development experience are required.
The Skills You Bring
- Strong software development skills using Java, J2EE, APIs, Messaging technologies and architecture.
- Experience in Multi-threading, Spring framework, REST, Tomcat/Spring boot.
- Working experience in Agile environment is a must.
- Strong experience in being responsible for the problem, crafting the solution, and producing change.
- Skills to guide the team through TDD, CI/CD, and Automating the regression testing.
- Containerization and AWS exposure is added advantage.
- Innovative attitude to contribute and deliver new insights and solutions.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills are required.
- Ability to guide and lead junior team members.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytics skills required.
- Exposure to Oracle, DB2 databases, and ability to write simple SQL queries.
- Financial brokerage Knowledge skills a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
The Value You Deliver
- Deliver Alerting and Services functionality to Institutional, Retail and Fidelity customers
- Responsible for delivering crafting solutions for sophisticated alerting requirements, internal and external.
- Responsible for developing, building and leading Alerts and APIs.
- Deliver high quality code on time, with a cohesive team.
- Responsible for owning the Code reviews and Code merges for the Scrum team.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website