You will be responsible for development, deployment, tuning and supporting of large-scale Messaging and Streaming Platform based on Kafka & JMS Broker as well as distributed in-memory Data Store.
The Common Platform Solutions(CPS) group provides ready-to-use solutions composed of a standard technology stacks, development frameworks, reusable software components and services. The ideal candidate must be a solid teammate with a strong understanding of the application delivery cycle: design, development, build, and deployment.
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally.
The Expertise You Have
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree and work experience
- 10+ years of hands-on application development experience in a diverse set of distributed application development and middleware technologies such as REST/SOAP Web Services, Java, Messaging, Kafka, and Test Driven Development
- Strong hands-on experience in deploying and managing fault-tolerant and scalable Apache Kafka environments and JMS Brokers
- Understanding and practical use of Messaging Integration Patterns based on Point-to-Point, Pub-Sub, and Guaranteed Delivery channels
- Developed Java-based applications to support Java Messaging communication (JMS API) and/or Kafka API using Spring Framework
- Prioritized, troubleshooted, and optimized complex Kafka, JMS, and in-memory Data Store environments
- Crafted, published, detailed and consumed APIs and REST Web Services in a secure environment
- Knowledge of Cloud computing concepts and working experience with deploying and managing applications in the Cloud (AWS S3, EC2, and CloudFormation along with Lambdas/Python a plus)
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using tools like Concourse, GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, Veracode, and uDeploy
- AWS Certification is a plus
The Skills You Bring
- Experience in architecting, developing, delivering and maintaining complex enterprise systems on the cloud with HA and DR requirements
- Proven experience with AWS or another cloud platform
- Knowledge of large-scale Messaging and Streaming Platform based on Kafka & JMS Broker
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong systems administration or DevOps expertise
- Experience in delivering software in the Agile environment
- Effectively collaborate and lead in an agile team
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
The Value You Deliver
- Participate and lead formal reviews of application designs, business and functional requirements
- Participate and lead application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team
- Has solid understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Provide technical leadership on projects
- Together with the team crafting reliable, portable, accurate and trustworthy automated tests (unit-, integration, regression, UI), and in integrating them into CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with team members on improving team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Sharing operational expertise in a team targeting for Engineering and DevOps excellence
- Forever learning and growing your skillsets to help build a well-rounded team
- Automating yourself out of today's job so that you can move on to the next big challenge
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website