Job Description: The Team
The Engineering & Automation Team offers a complex application team that is rapidly developing new applications and tools which will immediately impact the efficiency and quality of the business operations teams. The skillsets we are targeting are Microsoft VBA development and SQL Server, however experience in other technologies is a plus.
As a member of Workplace Investing Client Service Operations group, the Engineering & Automation team is responsible for the development and maintenance of technology and automation solutions supporting Fidelity's retirement investment business.
The Expertise You Have
- 3-5 years of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- Exposure to VB.NET and C# a plus
The Skills You Bring
- Proficiency with VBA (Excel and Outlook) and SQL Server.
- Proficiency with consuming webservices, API's and database via VBA
- Shown expertise in automating a variety of process types with macros
- Experience with SQL scripts/stored procedures and relational databases
- Knowledgeable with a System Development Life Cycle
- Proven expertise with Microsoft Office suite
- Good communication skills and organization skills, and ability to multi-task
The Value You Deliver
- Performing technical and functional analysis, and contributes to systems design for applications
- Developing application improvements of moderately complex scope
- Supporting user acceptance and unit level testing, and performs unit and integration testing
- Developing clear and concise documents
- Providing application support, problem diagnosis, and resolution
You are a highly motivated self-starter Software and Automation Engineer with good technical capability to provide development and support for multiple small to medium complex business applications. You will have previous application development experience, good communication skills, strong organization skills, and the ability to efficiently multi-task. You will become a proven teammate as well as be able to work well independently. You will be responsible for crafting, developing, implementing, and maintaining applications with a minimal level of direction.Certifications:
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website