Quantitative Developer is a core software engineering role in our dynamic and fast-paced quantitative development team. You will be ‘embedded' within the quantitative research team and you will partner with the investment teams on various projects including portfolio construction, risk management, and alpha research. You will contribute to build high quality, robust, and efficient analytical solutions that will be used to improve SAI's investment processes. You will be responsible for managing project backlog for the team and communicate the same with the partners.The Team
You work in Asset Management Technology supporting Strategic Advisers. Strategic Advisers, Inc. (SAI) is a fast growing fund of funds managed account business. One of SAI's core goals is to build customization at scale for our hundreds of thousands of clients. Over the next several years we expect quantitative development to play a very significant role by using technology to achieve our goals and therefore will offer immense growth opportunities for the quantitative development associates.The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in a quantitative or computational field such as Statistics, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- 6 + years of experience in analytical models and working with investment professionals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining dynamic products and solutions
- You take a data-focused approach to understanding customer needs, translate strategic objectives into action, and prioritize to improve value delivered
- You have proven knowledge of quantitative techniques and methods, statistics and econometrics – including probability, linear regression and time series data analysis
- You are capable of leading, influencing, and motivating colleagues without formal authority, and have a track record of building high-performing teams
- You continuously improve and encourage an agile way of working
- You establish and maintain unquestioning relationships as you work across Fidelity to deliver business outcomes and seek out the expertise of colleagues to advise on your approach
- You are intellectually curious and model a culture of continuous learning, mentoring and coaching
- You have or are committed to developing a balance of technology and non-technology skills in order to fully appreciate the broad needs of our customers
- You excel in articling the solution capabilities, functions, features and operational documents.
- You build collaboration by identifying and conveying common interests and priorities across other squads and or SAT Tribes (including removing barriers and breaking down silos)
- Defining, refining, and communicating the squads' mission and roadmap to motivate and establish team and partner support and alignment
- Anticipating, discovering through ongoing interaction with, and prioritizing client / partner needs to serve as their voice and guide execution of the team
- Intelligently applying analytics and quantitative concepts to support investment needs and develop new solutions.
- Giving to the implementation of a research project through the entire software development lifecycle utilizing a full-stack implementation.
- Assisting Research teams in developing new models and products that will provide an advantage to the organization in the marketplace.
- Measuring performance against established objectives and KPI's that deliver on agreed upon business, technology, and people results
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website