Fidelity Labs is seeking an experienced and customer-focused Principal Product Designer to join a newly formed startup, looking to develop the next generation of financial products and services.
At Fidelity Labs, we don't accept the status quo. We're debating, experimenting, researching, teaching, and collaborating on new ideas to help people live better financial lives. We have dedicated multi-functional teams that operate like startups, but have the backing and resources of Fidelity to ensure that we are able to focus on the things that matter. Using a combination of good old-fashioned ingenuity, and innovation methodologies, our startups take a customer-centric approach to problem solving, with a focus on rapid experimentation, and the permission to fail.
The Principal Product Designer is a key member of the startup, playing an important role in the strategy and development of new products through reciprocal concepting, wireframing, prototyping, and ultimately building clean, pixel-perfect UI to be developed and delivered to happy users.
This role calls for a strong individual contributor, equally as comfortable whiteboarding and concepting with the team as new features are being developed as you are putting on headphones and cranking out appealing, intuitive UI design. As part of a tight-knit team charged with crafting new products and services, the Principle Product Design is passionate about first understanding the needs of our customers, then helping to shape innovative solutions to address them. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator that loves what they do and brings a creative, dynamic, collaborative spirit to the office every day. With a proven attention to detail and a passion for advocating for the needs of the customer, they live for interactive design, have a strong individual work ethic with a maniacal attention to detail, strive to produce the work at the highest quality standards and absorb design knowledge and trends.
The Expertise You Have
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, communication design, human-computer interaction, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience participating in the full product development lifecycle of web, mobile, and/or software applications
- 4-8 years of work experience in some combination of UI/UX roles, or similar role in a related field
- The ability to reciprocally partner with peers (researchers, design directors, content strategists, product managers) to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors and translate them into deliverable tasks
- Experience crafting design artifacts such as wireframes, interactive prototypes, and pixel-perfect design comps
- Experience using style guides and component/pattern libraries in a detailed and consistent manner
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools
- Proven expertise with Sketch, InVision/Figma/UXPin, or equivalent design and prototyping software combinations
The Skills You Bring
- Good listening skills, with the ability to communicate design rationale to key partners outside of the design team (such as business, legal, technology teams)
- Formal observation of customer and user feedback sessions, contextual research, and usability tests
- Ability to keep up in a fast paced environment. Experience with Agile is not necessary, but a plus
- Ability to self-manage time and tasks
- A clean aesthetic
- Solid attention to detail and a systematic approach to applying a design library
- You demonstrate a clear and compelling design sense grounded in compassion and thoughtfulness
- You demonstrate to others ‘how' and ‘why' design decisions are made
- Ability to collaborate with engineering and technology partners to ensure that code is being built as designed during projects
- A sense of humor!
- You have a powerful impulse to improve existing designs, invent new experiences, and perform better than our competition
The Value You Deliver
- Bringing business ideas to life, through sketching, wireframing, prototyping, designing and shipping products
- Helping your team deliver valuable experiences to our customers
- Facilitating and inspiring idea generation techniques
- Sharing your expert knowledge with a design team that wants to develop their skills to be the best in the industry
Apply on company website