As a Principal Architect for Platform Engineering within the Personal Investment Organization you are responsible to provide technical leadership, drive API Architecture and adoption across the enterprise. This role evaluates and recommends solutions and technologies in support of the API strategic direction of the company and the application of cloud appropriate models, methods, tools and technologies to achieve business solutions.
The role is responsible for collaborating with Business and Technology leaders to drive API design consistency, deliver API architecture strategies and implementations.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, Masters a plus
- 7-10+ years' experience in full life cycle application development
- Understanding principles, standard methodologies and trade-offs of API based design patterns
- A deep understanding of various programming languages
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker).
- Understanding of API security patterns with a deep knowledge of user management, oAuth, JWT and other network and security schemes.
- Experience executing projects in Agile environments (Kanban and Scrum)
- Extensive knowledge of Apigee and AWS a plus
The Skills You Bring
- Experience with APIs, distributed architectures, full lifecycle API Management (Apigee), domain modeling, REST Standards
- Strong software development skills and experience using Java and web application technologies in a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience or certification in Cloud Computing, with AWS and Azure preferred.
- Expertise with continuous integration, static code analysis, and unit testing and/or test-driven development.
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning.
- Experience in internet security: OAuth, JWT and knowledge of standard methodologies.
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions.
- Strong presentation skills; written and verbal communication including the ability to influence.
- Ability to influence key business and technology partners.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.Certifications: Category: Information Technology
Apply on company website