The Health Care Technology Group supports the recordkeeping and administration of health benefits (medical, dental and vision plans) and life insurance plans on behalf of Fidelity's corporate clients, their employees and retirees. The technology associates on the HCG Platform team interact with business partners as well as systems partners who have responsibility for client-facing channels such as NetBenefits®.This role will be a part of a large and highly motivated distributed team working in Agile Methodology and based on Durham, North Carolina.
The Health Care Technology Group (HCG) Team is looking to fill an interesting and challenging position on its development team. As a senior technical lead, you will be encouraged to contribute to the technical leadership, Communication, Coordination and Delivery within the HCG team. This includes:
- Providing mentoring to the HCG team of developers and other tech leads with specific emphasis on sound fundamental development methodology.
- Providing leadership on project development policies, procedures, standards and strategies.
- Participating in the HCG team's effort to improve the efficiency and quality of the entire development process.
- 15+ years of proven development experience with 5 - 8 years of technical leadership experience at a senior level.
- Excellent understanding of Rest concepts and developing rest apis using spring boot with tomcat
- Excellent understanding of Java 8 capabilities, lambda, streams and functional interfaces, spring modules, including IOC, MVC(Rest), BATCH, spring boot along with other core components like oauth2 and security
- Champions standard methodologies for various aspects of engineering perfection like CICD, design reviews, code reviews, unit testing, test automation across technology stack
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to influence product teams to deliver scalable robust solutions.
- Significant experience working on application design supporting large complex business domain. Proficiency in multiple enterprise technologies, design patterns, and techniques.
- Exposure to emerging technologies like AI/ML, Data analytics will be an advantage
- Experience in cloud technologies and practices.
- Experience with containers, database upgrade, Disaster Recovery testing, Software Life Management and well-grounded in the knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or related fields)
- Strong technology leader, engineering and design skills.
- Project management, organizational navigation, documentation, and collaboration (within and across-BU) skills
- Passion and curiosity, work as a team to cultivate ideas and produce creative solutions to difficult problems while making smart choices balancing design and delivery.
- A strong influencer who can integrate optimal into the culture.
- Organizational savvy and maturity, ability to work effectively across different organizational units and business groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Optimal deliver key technology solutions for Fidelity Health Benefits Platform
- Investigate, prove out and incorporate new technologies and capabilities to drive the technology vision for Fidelity Health Benefits Platform
- Overseeing alignment of our technology asset portfolio and compliance with enterprise standard and metrics
- Flawless delivery of key platform roadmap initiatives to support complex H&W Business Domain
- Preserving phenomenal customer experience through mitigation of technology risk
- Finding opportunities to bring emerging technologies/solutions to deliver innovative solutions to meet business objectives.
- Define patterns and standard methodologies for application and infrastructure design, engineering and development.
- Lead, mentor and provide design and framework to squads. Collaborate with product and engineering leads and senior management on product and delivery requirements, roadmaps and vision.
- Provide technology alternatives to business problems and clearly explain the advantages, problems and side effects of alternatives.
- Seeing opportunities to bring emerging technologies/solutions to deliver innovative solutions to meet business objectives.
- Using an in-depth understanding of the business to propose and deliver solutions to increase client happiness around their Health & Welfare experience
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website