The Financial Controls Program is an Enterprise-wide function that provides reasonable assurance over the completeness and accuracy over the key processes that support Fidelity's financial statement reporting. The program evaluates the design and operating effectiveness of key financial statement controls. This role reports to the Vice President of the Financial Controls Program.
The Director role will deliver significant value to the business by leading multiple project teams to assess risks to the firm's financial processes and systems including key manual and IT application controls. This role will partner closely with the Head of Corporate Accounting & Controllership, Senior Business Leaders, Business Unit Controllers, Controllership Resources, other risk groups, process and controls owners in executing the function's mission.
The Expertise You Have
- 10 plus years of progressive responsible experience with relevant controls, accounting and / or audit experience
- Public Accounting / Consulting experience highly desirable
- Integrated financial controls expertise required; SOX/IT SOX implementation highly desirable
- CPA, CIA, CISA and/or CISSP highly desirable
- Extensive experience in leading risk and controls assessments
- Financial services industry experience highly desirable
- Familiarity and proven track record of driving change within complex / matrixed corporate environments
- Excellent project management experience necessary
The Skills You Bring
- Understanding of accounting and financial processes including financial statement risks and controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to design and present information to senior management
- Highly effective at managing internal relationships and building successful partnerships
- Ability to effectively identify financial and IT risks within key processes and evaluate design and operating effectiveness of the control environment
- Proven leadership, influencing and people management skills
- Build productive and collaborative relationship with team members by providing and seeking feedback
- Strong learning agility to quickly understand and connect key concepts
- Ability to adapt and thrive in rapidly changing environment and manage multiple priorities on a deadline basis
The Value You Deliver
- Lead multiple work streams ensuring consistent application of program methodology and manage project teams
- Effectively serve as a trusted partner with internal stakeholders to execute program objectives in a timely manner
- Develop a strong understanding of financially significant business processes and controls.
- Lead recurring risk assessments with Business Unit Controllers to evaluate the changing risk landscape
- Ensure the quality of flowcharts, IT and manual control matrices, narratives and integrated controls testing plans over financial processes
- Evaluate the current state of the control environment, correlate findings and develop overall conclusions and recommendations
- Identify and implement opportunities to strengthen the financial controls environment and identify process efficiencies
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website