As Director of Compensation for Fidelity Personal Investing (PI), you will lead compensation initiatives and programs, andwork in partnership with the PI HR team to design, deliver and advise onsolutions that meet the short and long-term needs of a diverse suite ofFidelity's business and support groups.
If you are analytical, consultative and enjoythinking and working across Fidelity, the Director of Compensation role is anopportunity to consider!
This role can be based in Smithfield,Westlake, Covington or Merrimack.The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelors or equivalent; 8+ years ofexperience in compensation/sales compensation and/or finance/business
The Director of Compensation acts as a subject matter expert onthe PI HR team, working closely with HR partners and senior leaders to providethe consulting and leadership required to deliver pay programs and solutions insupport of overall business objectives. You will contribute toand benefit from Fidelity's broader compensation community where we shape thefuture of compensation and continuously develop, improve and share ourstrategies and resources that benefit our businesses, leaders and associates inachieving their goals.The Skills You Bring
- You have designed, developed and managed avariety of compensation programs and processes including base salary, variablepay programs, compensation strategy and competitive pay analysis
- You are an expert with the full spectrum ofapproaches and tools used for compensation-related market research, modelingand analysis
- You have deep analytical skills with anability to break down complex questions / data into well-structured analyses,and synthesize key points
- You effectively manage concurrent programs,processes and initiatives collaborating with and influencing a wide range ofstakeholders, and have a proven ability to think end-to-end about the work tobe implemented
- Youhave expertise with Microsoft Excel analysis and experience with various HRdatabase applications
- You have the expertise, confidence and skillto develop and deliver formal and informal reports, presentations andcommunications to executive audiences
- You are passionate about building consultativepartnerships with HR, Finance and senior business leaders
- You enjoy working on initiatives and programsthat often extend beyond the local team and business unit
Client Support/RelationshipManagement: Provide consultation, coaching and sophisticated advice to Line HRand senior business leaders on complex compensation issues. Conduct analysis to address compensationissues, projects or initiatives. Complete pay recommendations for executiveoffers. Participate in the design &delivery of manager and HR training to increase the understanding of ourcompensation philosophy, strategies, programs and decisions.
Workforce Analytics: Work closely with HRpartners to better integrate HR data and analytics in support of workforceplans and business practices. Developimpactful data visualizations for HR partners and leaders to enable betterinsights and decisions.
Program Design: Partnerwith Finance/Variable Compensation teams to design and develop sales incentiveplans, and support formal plan governance and oversight activities. Represent thevoice of the customer in the design of enterprise-wide pay programs and leadthe design for client pay programs.
Cycle Management: Serve as the primary contact for Line HR forcycle administration activities. Inform,manage and measure operational cycle components. Provide issue resolution, support reportingand analysis.
Collaborate with Enterprise Compensation toestablish shared reporting requirements. Work in close partnership with Line HR and Finance/Variable Comp teamsto support variable semi-annual bonus cycles.
Market Data Management: Act as SME on surveys, data and tools. Lead competitive assessments using marketanalysis, including defining the peer groups and formulating recommendationsand presenting to management. Coordinatejob matching process, review data when surveys are complete and analyze marketsurvey data trends.The Team
The PI Human Resources team consists ofassociates who work in line HR, training, operations, compensation, salescompensation and workforce analytics. We act as a key business partner to ourcolleagues within the PI business units to develop and implement HR andlearning programs and strategies. We also partner closely with enterprise HRteams to deploy and support central programs and initiatives in PI.
Fidelity Personal Investing (PI) is amulti-faceted business with a core purpose to help tens of millions ofinvestors of all ages and affluence levels plan and manage their investmentsand live the life of their dreams.
PI's business supportsa wide array of investors with services including wealth management, retirementplanning, active trading and brokerage services, workplace plan administrationfor the tax-exempt 403(b) market, college savings, and financial planning andengagement programs for women and millennial investors who are oftenunderserved by the industry.
AtFidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessibleand effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privatelyheld company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing awork environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment toour associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
FidelityInvestments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website