Provide a strategic focus on resiliency best practices throughout our technology ecosystem to further our dedication to highly reliable service as we advance our digital future and transformation.
Fidelity Workplace Investing (WI) provides benefits to Fidelity customers, employers and their employees, in a growing set of areas - Defined Contribution, Benefits Outsourcing & Payroll, Investment Products & Consulting and Defined Benefits.
As part of the WI Technology Architecture team you will be key player in helping move us forward into our digital future and digital transformation of our business. As an Architect within Fidelity Investments Workplace Investing (WI), you are responsible for establishing the strategic direction, setting standards and choosing technologies across WI. You will work closely with business partners and technology teams to understand business objectives and help define appropriate architecture direction for them. By working closely with Solution Architects, you will assess and ensure how proposed solutions to specific initiatives align with broader WI goals and strategies.
The Expertise You Have
- Education – BS or MS required.
- 10+ years of experience in architecting/designing large distributed systems and applications.
- 3+ years of AWS and/or Azure experience a plus. AWS and/or Azure certification also a plus
The Skills You Bring
- Architecting for Resiliency pragmatically.
- Deep understanding of large scale digital eco-systems (data architectures, distributed applications, event-based architectures, APIs / service-oriented architectures, domain-driven architecture, web/mobile experience technologies, messaging, and public cloud capabilities).
- Expert in standard infrastructure topology resiliency patterns and observability
- Experience in refactoring existing applications to add observability and resiliency patterns including, but not limited to circuit breakers, bulkheads and throttling.
- Critical problem solving and advanced troubleshooting to drive resolution to technical issues.
- Excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills for working with less-technical business partners as well as technologists in IT leadership and implementation teams.
- Experience in networking across business units and outside the companies to optimize new reusable processes, patterns and practices with world class results.
- Passion for staying current on technology trends in order to pivot direction and drive results.
- Financial industry experience preferred.
The Value You Deliver
- Enabling digital transformation of WI business that is highly resilient
- Communicating and collaborating with stake holders
- Making decisions over technical issues, standards, and strategies related to resilient architecture
- Representing WI at the cross-BU Councils and forums
- Architecting/designing effective, efficient, and resilient solutions for complex business problems.
- Presenting proposals to senior leadership to gain approval for initiatives.
- Managing WI's public cloud environments by working closely with different technology teams within WI.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website