Job Description: The Team
At Fidelity Personal Investing (PI) we're growing very fast and looking for an accomplished Solution Architect. In this role, you will use your knowledge and leadership of product management, industries, software and cloud computing to craft solutions and take them to market. You will help drive awareness of our solutions within and across multiple Business Units and organizations. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help decision makers understand the benefits of Architectural Solutions to drive growth and customer success.
Fidelity Personal Investing Development teams provide direction and implementation to the experiences that enable our Retail customers to be financially successful. Your work, as part of the team, enables functionality developed throughout the firm to reach these customers and craft the high-value interactions that will keep them coming back. As part of the team you will be able to impact the speed, efficacy, and scale of the technical solutions that will serve these customers through forward-looking architectural designs as well as hands-on implementation.The Purpose of Your Role:
- Articulation of the Future State Architecture via a Narrative document, complemented by a detailed Strategy, which contains all of the relevant Architecture & Design artifacts enabling the business strategy delivering value our customers will recognize. Additionally, it is encouraged that the proposed Future State Architecture has been validated by a number of high-value proofs-of-concept.
- A detailed Collaboration Execution Plan developed & reviewed with the respective Development Team Leader(s), regarding the evolution from the Current to Future State architectures. This plan should contain a Transition Plan, for full enablement of the Squad, in the proficiencies required to operate within the context of the new architecture.
- Collaboration with all other Solution Architects, & the Platform Engineering organization, with respect to the refinement & evolution of the Solutions Architecture Processes & Practices.
- Continuous "outside-in" scanning, so as to facilitate continuous learning, hands-on understanding, & adoption of Solutions Architecture industry standard methodologies & techniques
- All Solutions Architecture activities should be practiced within the context of actual Capabilities & Platforms, tactically or strategically significant to the Personal Investing Business Unit's Digital Business Strategy.
- Ideally, you will become part of the Fidelity Personal Investing Architecture Group utilized across the entire organization.
- 5+ years' experience engineering/developing web enabled applications and some combination of the following:
- Proven track record as a Solution Architect or Technical Lead, crafting new solutions
- Experience or certification in Cloud-based (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) Architecture
- Desire/ability to learn and implement new technologies
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Background with multiple enterprise technologies
- Experience with MicroService pattern & SOA methodology
- Exposure to front-end UI technologies would be helpful
- Experience in all aspects of Architecture Design and cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data)
- Shown an understanding and proven record for cloud based solutions, continuous integration/deployment, DevOps, and serverless architecture
- Heightened awareness, experience or passion in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Ability to work in a dynamic, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals
- Aptitude for learning new technologies
- Previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions
- Perform (or ability to learn) the coding to deliver polyglot solutions that delight our customers
- Willingness to partner optimally with your technology business partners
- Dedication to sharing knowledge and providing mentorship to developers in their work
- Experience with Doman-Driven Design
- Drive target architecture for various solutions in PI (Personal Investing)
- Develop prototypes and spearhead solutions in MVP, iterative approach
- Work with multiple squads using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Provide technical expertise as requested by members of various scrum teams
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website