The successful Candidate for this role will become part of the Fidelity Personal Investing Architecture Chapter, which is a component within the overall “Spotify Model”, across the Personal Investing organization in Fidelity.
We provide end-to-end architecture strategy and spearhead innovative solutions for our customers. This includes a very large realm of activities, including but not limited to: influencing product strategy, developing scalable solutions, partnering with squads in launching valuable and clear solutions to our customers.
As Solution Architect, you will utilize your technical capabilities along with your domain expertise to develop innovative solutions. You have a passion for delivering solutions in a client obsessed environment that will give you opportunities to grow multi-dimensionally.The Team
The Customer Research, Analytics & AI team within Fidelity Personal Investing provides strategic solutions that enable highly personalized experiences, relevant insights, and timely recommendations for our customers. The platforms and solutions we build are critical in enabling our customers to achieve their goals and maintain financial wellness throughout their lives. Your work, as part of this team, will be to drive the architectural design, implementation, maturity of these capabilities.The Expertise You Have
- Desire and ability to continually learn and develop your craft
- Experience in Cloud (AWS, GCP) solution architecture and implementation
- Experience in micro-service based architecture is required
- Experience in API design, management, versioning, security
- Experience with event based or streaming architectures would be beneficial
- Experience with batch and big data technologies would be beneficial
- Experience with AI and ML or Recommender systems is desired
- Experience with container management (K8s) and serverless is desired
- Exposure to Agile development methodology is desired
- BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineer field
- Experience with entire SDLC spectrum
- MS degree in Computer Science and related software engineer field.
- Experience as a Solution Architect with current or recent hands on engineering skills.
- Demonstrated Understanding and proven track record for cloud based solutions, continuous integration/deployment and serverless architecture.
- Your ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrixed environment to achieve group goals
- Your desire and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Your previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions
- Your ability to perform (or willingness to learn) the coding to deliver polyglot solutions that delight our customers
- Your willingness to partner optimally with your technology business partners
- Your dedication to sharing knowledge and providing mentorship to less experienced developers through coaching, mentoring
- Your ability to communicate problems and recommend solutions to project leaders
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills including communicating at different levels from executives to engineers
- Understand and execute architecture strategy for various solutions in PI (Personal Investing)
- Developing prototypes and spearhead solutions in MVP, iterative approach
- Working with multiple squads using Agile/Scrum methodologies to drive business objectives
- Providing technical expertise as requested by members of various scrum teams
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website