Work Status Details: Part Time Benefit Eligible | 48.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: M-F 7a-8p; Saturday 8a-8p; Sunday 10a-6p
Department: Urgent Care FRPS | Reports To: Clinic Manager-Occupational Health
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by providing all people with exemplary medical services in an environment of love and care. As a provider-led multispecialty healthcare team, Faith Regional Physician Services is committed to delivering high-quality, comprehensive services to the people of Northeast Nebraska.
Schedules and registers all patients in order for the patient flow to run efficiently. Performs a wide variety of clerical functions that require the application of independent judgment. Sets the atmosphere in the office with good public relation skills. Works closely with the staff sharing the responsibility of the day to day operation. Performs duties and responsibilities according to job description, physician and director's direction, following department policies and procedures with the knowledge and understanding required to complete duties as assigned. Work will include the operation of standard office equipment and responsible contacts with the public.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Welcomes patients and visitors to the medical office by greeting patients and visitors in person and on the telephone; answers inquiries or refer questions to other staff members.
2. Receives calls at physician office(s) determining the nature of the business and directs callers to destination. Taking messages and relaying them to the correct channel.
3. Remind providers of scheduled meetings and appointments.
4. Schedule appointments with clients or customers by computer, phone, and mail or in person and reschedule when necessary.
5. Record time and date of appointment, maintaining a precise daily time schedule of all patients and routes it to all necessary person or areas.
6. Accurately maintains patient records by:
- Preparing a patient record for each new clinic patient.
- Ensuring all patients complete registration form(s).
- Asking patient questions making sure no changes have occurred since they were seen last and ensuring correct patient identity and information by direction communication.
- Completing patient registration in the computer system.
- Ensuring current patient information by having patients sign and date registration information every 6 months to 1 year. Obtain copies of their insurance cards every time they see the doctor.
- Ensure current copies of all insurance information are obtained at each patient visit.
7. Demonstrate a working knowledge of CPT and ICD coding.
8. Demonstrate ability to recognize collectible amounts upon completion of client's visit and collecting payments for all copays or outstanding balances.
9. Provide patients with required or requested information.
10. Balance petty cash on a daily basis.
11. Order office supplies.
12. Ensure all correspondence, lab reports, X-ray reports, etc. are placed in patient records and communicated to providers.
13. Prepare and mail all results.
14. Open, sort and deliver department mail.
15. Release medical records with signed authorization to do so.
16. In some clinic locations, staff may be required to perform scribe duties for the provider including documentation in electronic medical record. May be required to transcribe physicians' dictation.
17. Ensure confidentiality of all patient information, particularly all information considered to be protected healthcare information.
18. Perform duties and responsibilities according to clinic manager or provider direction, following department policies and procedures with the demonstrated knowledge and understanding required to complete duties as assigned or requested.
19. Answers telephone and provides information in accordance with established procedures.
20. Demonstrate the ability to cross-train to more than one specialty or clinic.
21. FRPS Float – Will be required to float to clinics as needed.
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Previous clinical experience preferred.
Previous healthcare experience preferred.
Language Skills – Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language required.
Computer Skills – Ability to use computers and related technology efficiently required.
Customer Service required.
Time Management – Ability to manage time and tasks efficiently required.
Interpersonal Skills – Ability to socially interact and communicate with others in a positive and professional manner required.
Patient rights, safety practices, infection control practices and risk management principles required.
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply on company website